Saturday, October 20, 2012

When life hands you bananas...


Make bread...er....muffins! Cause let's get real here, banana juice just isn't practical! Today I got bananas. Which is not to be confused with going bananas, though I have been on the verge of doing just that for the last several days! For those who don't know, my job is to plan and carry out races and other special events for the City of St. George. It is a really fun job, but takes a lot of time and energy. Today we had our Save A Sister 5K, 10K and 1 Mile Walk to benefit breast cancer research. It was a lot of fun, and quite possibly the best organized race I have yet to help plan-and that's saying something, cause I am a little bit CDO (which is similar to OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be!) 

Anyway, at the end of the race today, we had some bananas left over at the finish line. And being the girl I am and raised by parents who never throw ANYTHING away, I couldn't bring myself to trash the left over bananas. So, I brought them home. But, ya know what? When you have that many bananas that have already been cut in half, you can't just deal with them tomorrow. You pretty much have to take care of them right now. So, what did I do all afternoon and evening? You guessed it, I baked banana muffins!




 
 
But there were SO MANY bananas, there was no way I was going to be able to bake all of them. So we sliced some for dehydrating, and froze the rest. I figure I can use those ones for smoothies, or later on for making more muffins! And I gotta tell ya- it's a good thing my mom and my sister are so awesome and helped me out with this undertaking, because without them, this project may have gone on forever!
 


 

When all was said and done, we had made somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 muffins. We also put 4 or 5 trays into the dehydrator and 2-3 cookie sheets in the freezer! We are gonna have bananas with everything for the next few weeks! :)
 
 


And I'm happy to report that as of the time I typed this up, I had only eaten 2 of the muffins. Unfortunately, I am about to head to the kitchen where I can exponentially increase that number! Happy Eating!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. YOU'RE A BANANA!!

    ok, don't know what that's spose ta mean but it's the first things I thought. How fun! I love this! I want some. mmm...banana muffins...drool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over! I'll share :) They are delicious. And I probably am a banana. Otherwise I wouldn't have spent 6 hours baking banana muffins. See...? You should come over. I have lots of muffins!

      Delete