Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Coolest

I know many of you are under the misapprehension that your family is the coolest, but unfortunately for you, it's just not true! Cause my family is the coolest. I hate (and by hate, I mean revel in the opportunity!) to be the one to deliver such news on this day of thanks, but it was time the world was informed!

Okay, so this is really just my way of saying I had a great Thanksgiving day with my awesome family. We are certainly our own brand of crazy, but that is just part of the charm. I am such a lucky girl, and sometimes I forget just how much I really have. I spent the day today with most of my family gathered around. The ones who couldn't be here in person were with us in spirit and we got the chance to talk, despite the distance between us.

On top of all that, I had the opportunity to stuff myself to delirium. Thankfully, I also had the good sense to stop before I got to that point. It only took me thirty years to learn that I don't actually have to consume my weight in turkey, mashed potatoes and noodles and pie when I sit down to Thanksgiving dinner. Who knew that the day is so much more enjoyable when you can move, post feast??? I blame you all- somebody should have found the kindness to clue me in  years ago! ;)

Add to all this (I know, now I'm just sounding greedy!) the great friends with whom I spoke today and it's pretty clear that life is good. Thanks to all of you for your part in my life. You have each taught me something, helped me smile when I was down, and/or been in the hot seat next to me when I was in trouble (you know who you are!). Thank you for caring. I hope you all know how important you are to me as well!

Happy Thanksgiving, and God bless you all. Here's to another year full of gratitude, challenge, fun, family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment